Full Professor for the Cardiac Arrhythmia Laboratory
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
Functions: To lead a research group focused on the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying cardiac arrhythmias and the risk of sudden cardiac death.
- MD with training in cardiology.
- At least 10 years of experience leading a research group in the field of cardiac arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death.
- Outstanding scientific career with proven track-record of high impact publications in the field and having obtained funding in competitive calls as principal investigator (the CV must reflect reference of the publications and projects including the call for funding).
Further Essential requirements:
- In order to be selected, the chosen candidate needs to count with a positive evaluation, as Full Professor, from CNIC’s Scientific Advisory Board.
- Experience as Principal Investigator leading a line of research funded by competitive grants (national and international). (It will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of projects and the amount granted).
- Experience as Principal Investigator abroad will be positively valued. (It will be valued according to the number of research centers and the number or fraction of years).
- High impact publications as first/last author in the field of study, obtained in different research institutions (must be clearly stated in the CV). (It will be valued according to the number of publications and the impact factor).
- Experience in training and mentoring of early career researchers (graduates, MD and postdoctoral researchers) (It will be valued according to the number of researchers trained).
· Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
· Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
· Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
· Distinguished investigator contract regulated by the article 23 of the Spanish Law 14/2011, on Science, Technology and Innovation as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law
· Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan:At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1- C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1- C5) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"