Head of Technical Unit Expert in Cytometry
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is seeking an experienced scientist expert in cytometry to lead the Cytometry Technical Unit, which provides basic and advanced flow cytometry services to CNIC researchers.
The successful candidate will manage a team of flow cytometry technicians in charge of training and assisting CNIC researchers in sorting and analytical flow cytometry studies. He/She will be the ultimate responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the flow cytometers available within the unit (currently 2 BD FACSCanto II, 1 BD LSRFortessa, 1 Sony Biotech SP6800 Spectral Cell Analyzer, 1 BD FACSAria Cell Sorter and 1 Sony Biotech Synergy Cell Sorter).
- PhD in life sciences area.
- At least five years in a similar position with experience in cell sorting and analytical flow cytometry, data analysis, and related scientific applications.
- Experience in managing a flow cytometry facility (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Hands-on experience with the cell sorters and analytical flow cytometers currently available within the CNIC Cytometry Unit (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Publications related to the development of cell sorting and flow cytometry-related techniques (it will be valued according to the number publications and position in the list of authors).
- Previous experience in training researchers in the conduct and analysis of cell sorting and flow cytometry experiments (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Previous experience in the use of cell sorting and flow-cytometry related software (e.g. FACSDiva, FlowJo, FCS Express) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Interview (in English).
- Incorporation in a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Immediate incorporation
- Permanent contract
At least the three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1-C5, see below) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C6) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"