Lab Technician for the laboratory of Experimental Pathology of Atherosclerosis
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
Functions: The functions of the lab technician will involve histopathology, cell culture, animal experiments as well as a wide range of other laboratory techniques.
- Título de Técnico Superior de Formación Profesional Grado Superior in the field of Biosanitary Sciences.
- Provable experience of 5 years in research laboratories
- Certification to work with experimentation animal, Function C (Orden ECC/566/2015) or former category B (R.D. 12011/2005).
- Experience in Histology (cryostat, microtome and staining) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in plasma lipid measurements (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in handling experimentation animals and colony maintenance (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Lab management experience including ordering etc. (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Interview in english.
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Permanent contract, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”. Permanent contract subjected to the required authorization of the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1 -C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C5) is higher than 90 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"