Manager for the Research Office
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The Research Office supports CNIC’s Research Groups and Technical Units in a wide variety of processes, from grant and fellowship application, justification, budget monitoring, personnel recruitment, laboratory organization, basic laboratory techniques, laboratory equipment evaluation, and administrative tasks and in the organization of scientific activities, etc. The Research Office is a hinge structure composed by scientific managers, logistics technicians and research assistants, aimed as a communication channel between the researchers and the general administrative structures of CNIC.
- Budget management and expenses control of the research groups assigned
- Support the research groups in grant preparation and management and preparation of reports
- Support in the selection processes for hiring personnel for the research groups
- Support in the general organization and development of the research groups.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences.
- Candidates with a PhD degree must not have exhausted the maximum period for Postdoctoral contracts regulated in article 22 of Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación.
- Candidates with master´s degree must have obtained the degree in the last 5 years (May 2014 onwards)
* In case of candidates that hold a pre-existing relationship of a fixed and indefinite nature (personal funcionario or laboral) in the state public sector, the two abovementioned requirements do not apply.
- Management knowledge and expertise in national grant schemes. (Evaluated in years of experience and number of projects managed).
- Management knowledge and expertise in European and international grant schemes. (Evaluated in years of experience and number of projects managed).
- Experience in budgeting and selection of personnel. (Evaluated in years of experience).
- Experience in the redaction of scientific documents and public tenders. (Evaluated in years of experience).
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector.
- A maximum of 2 years of contract for candidates with a master´s degree and a maximum of 5 years of contract of the article 22 of the law 14/2011 of Science, technology and Innovation for candidates with a PhD degree. In case of candidates that hold a pre-existing relationship of a fixed and indefinite nature (personal funcionario or laboral) in the state public sector, these two limits won´t apply
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
SELECTION PLAN: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 60 points) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score is higher than 75 points (C1-C5).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination based on age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost thoroughness in the application of the principles of equality, merit and capacity of public employment and regulations in force on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"