Optical Specialist for the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full-time contract for a Light Microscopy Specialist position under supervision of Dr. Valeria R. Caiolfa (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/microscopy) within the CNIC research infrastructure of the Unit of Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the CNIC and increase experience in the field of optical and fluorescent imaging. The Unit is equipped with the most advanced systems from Single Molecule Localization to Selective Plane Illumination microscopes. The Unit is a critical resource for researchers working in a wide range of cardiovascular basic, clinical and translational projects, and it belongs to the TRIMA@CNIC Unique Scientific and Technological Infrastructures (ICTS, http://www.rich2020.eu/news/icts) in Spain.
- PhD in Life Science area, Physical Chemistry, Optical Engineering or Physics
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Wide and documented experience in bright-wide field, epifluorescence and confocal microscopy applied to fixed and live samples, including selection of fluorophores, sample preparation, cell culture, image acquisition, post-acquisition processing, instrument calibration, routine maintenance (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in image analysis and programming in ImageJ/Fiji Macro Language and JAVA (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in multiphoton microscopy, TIRF, SPIM, super-resolution or other light imaging advanced techniques (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction)
- Experience in individual training and user support (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in advanced maintenance of microscopes, technical troubleshooting and development of custom optical equipment (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Joining a research center with international relevance and linked to the public sector
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Incorporation into a very large and modern infrastructure with the latest technologies that covers the entire range of light microscopy imaging and image analysis applications
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification
- The contract duration is 1 year + 4 year maximum renewal
SELECTION PLAN: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score (C1-C5). The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C6) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"