Postdoctoral Position for Mitochondrial Research in GENOPHOS group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time contract Post-doctoral position for mitochondrial research in “Functional Genetics of oxidative Phosphorylation System” under supervision of Dr. José A. Enríquez.
For detailed information of the GENOPHOS group please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/functional-genetics-oxidative-phosphorilation-system-genophos
- PhD in Life Science area.
- PhD degree obtained in 2018
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Knowledge and research experience on mitochondrial physiology and biochemistry.
- Competence in advanced molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, qPCR, construct design..)
- Publication record in the mitochondria field.
- Competence in cell culture maintenance and differentiation techniques.
- Competence in English language (will be evaluated during the interview).
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- The initial contract duration is 1 year.
SELECTION PLAN: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score, if 3 or more candidates will score more than 65 points (Criteria C1 – C4). The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C5) of 80 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"