Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis Laboratory
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis directed by Dr. Rui Benedito to finish very specific and concrete scientific tasks. For additional information about Dr. Rui Benedito Lab, please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/molecular-genetics-angiogenesis
Functions: The selected candidate will conduct specific scientific and research work in order to finish an ongoing investigation. This work will include to look for scientific information, the use of mice as experimental model and to perform experiments using different techniques including microdissection, histology, confocal microscopy and flow cytometry.
- PhD in the life sciences area.
- Experience in working with mice as cardiovascular model (it will be valued according to the number of years).
- Experience in histology and microdissection (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in confocal microscopy including sample preparation (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Experience flow cytometry and cell sorting (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Experience advanced molecular biology techniques (qPCR, RNAseq analysis…) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Interview. (Part or all the interview will be done in English).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Up to six months eventual contract as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law. The position will be covered with an interim contract until the selection process is complete.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least three candidates with the highest score as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria (C1 - 5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C6) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"