Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis Laboratory
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Postdoctoral position at the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis directed by Dr. Rui Benedito to finish very specific and concrete scientific tasks. For additional information about Dr. Rui Benedito Lab, please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/molecular-genetics-angiogenesis
Functions: The selected candidate will conduct specific scientific and research work aligned with the group research on cellular barcoding and clonal genetics. This work will include the analysis of publishedscientific information, the use of mice as experimental model system and to perform experiments using different in vivo cellular barcoding and profiling techniques including the use of transgenic mouse models, confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, scRNAseq and advanced molecular biology techniques.
- PhD in the life sciences area.
- Not having exhausted more than five years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia.
- Experience in the use of cellular barcoding and clonal genetics (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in cell competition topics and knowledge of cell clonal evolution theories (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Experience in working with mice as experimental model system (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in advanced molecular biology techniques (qPCR, RNAseq analysis, etc.) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of techniques).
- Publications in international scientific journals (it will be evaluated according to the number of publications, role in the published work (first author…) and IF of the journals).
- Interview. (Part or all the interview will be done in English)
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Postdoctoral research contract to access the Spanish system of Science and Technology as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria C1 - C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C6) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"