The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) offers a Postdoctoral Researcher position to join the “Cardiovascular Proteomics” Laboratory led by Dr. Jesús Vázquez .
- Ph.D. in chemistry or biochemistry or equivalent life science.
- More than 6 years of experience
- 1 first-author scientific paper
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established for Access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Expertise in HPLC or UHPLC coupled to mass spectrometry with atmospheric pressure ionization, including sample preparation, analysis optimization and method development.
- Expertise in quantification for large numbers of analytes in complex biological matrices such as serum, plasma, urine, brain extracts, cell culture media and cell pellets
- Proficient with small molecule structure elucidation using accurate mass and tandem mass spectrometry data.
- Integration in an international center of Excellence leader in the field of cardiovascular research approached from different angles
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills
- Extensive access to state-of-the-art infrastructures
- Benefit package provided by CNIC
Selection Plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score will be interviewed, as long as they score higher than 70 in the sum of the assessable criteria (C1-C3)). And the candidate with the higher score will be hired, as long as they score higher than 90.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"