The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) - CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
A Postdoctoral Research position, supported by the Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid (2018-T1/BMD-10758), is available to work at the Nanomedicine and Molecular Imaging group under the supervision of Dr. Carlos Pérez Medina.
This position will involve the development of targeted nanotherapies to treat atherosclerosis. Scientists with a strong background in immunology, biochemistry & molecular biology, and in vivo research are encouraged to apply. The candidate will work closely with other members of the group on this research program, in addition to developing their own independent research ideas.
For more information about our group, please visit:
- Run a program of research developing new targeted nanoimmunotherapies to treat atherosclerosis as well as investigating their mechanism of action.
- Assist in the training of graduate students and other members of the research group in standard molecular biology/biochemistry techniques and in vivo work.
- Assist the Principal Investigator in the preparation of manuscripts and proposals/applications for funding.
- Present research work and data within the Center, and at national and international conferences.
- A Ph.D. in Life/Biomedical Sciences.
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Research experience in a broad range of molecular and cell biology techniques such as cell culture, Western blot or microscopy, as well as in vivo/ex vivo work with small animals.
- Extensive experience with immunology-related techniques, such as flow cytometry, ELISA or immunohistochemistry.
- A degree of understanding of mammalian physiology and atherosclerosis.
- A publication record with at least one original research article as first author.
- Level of English.
- Incorporation into a growing Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- One (1) year Postdoctoral contract by Ley de la Ciencia with the possibility of extensions (up to 5 years).
Selection plan: At least 5 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 55 points as a sum of criteria C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C6) is higher than 70 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"