Postdoctoral researcher for the group Hematovascular Pathophysiology
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research centre of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is searching to hire a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the group of Hematovascular Pathophysiology, directed by Dr. José Javier Fuster. Candidates with previous experience in translational biomedical research are sought and previous experience in experimental cardiology, experimental hematology or single cell omics will be valued positively.
More information of the group in:
The selected candidate will work under the direction of Dr. José Javier Fuster Ortuño, participating in different collaborative research projects related to the regulation and pathophysiological effects of clonal hematopoiesis in cardiovascular disease. The selected person will carry out their work to fulfill the objectives of the group's scientific projects: they will carry out experiments, develop the appropriate methods, collect and analyze data, contribute to scientific articles based on those results, help supervise general operation of the laboratory and train other team members.
- PhD in a scientific area related to life science or biomedical research at the time of signing the contract
- At least one first-author publication (The CV must include a complete list of publications detailing the name of the journal, authors and journal impact factor)
- C1. Experience in at least one of the following research fields: experimental cardiology, experimental hematology, single cell omics (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- C2. Experience in cell culture assays or mouse models to asses hematopoiesis or immune cell function (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- C3. Experience in mouse models of heart failure or related cardiac conditions (Must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- C4. Experience in the following techniques: confocal microscopy, flow cytometry or bioinformatics processing of omics data. (Must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- C5. Scientific publication record. (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of publications and the position of the applicant in the list of authors).
- C6. Interview.
- Opportunity to work in a leading cardiovascular research institution equipped with state-of-the-art resources and technology.
- Integration in a young translational research team, in a highly competitive environment
- Start date: Immediate
- Postdoctoral research contract of 3 years duration, extendable up to the maximum limit of six years (within the selected candidate career), in accordance with Art. 22 Law of Science, Technology and Innovation (texto refundido Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación), as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
The RESOLUTION OF THE SECRETARIAT OF STATE FOR PUBLIC FUNCTION APPROVING THE COMMON ACTION CRITERIA FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESSES IN THE STATE PUBLIC SECTOR ENTITIES of April 11, 2022, set forth in point 6.1 that “Unless a specific regulation establishes a merit-bases recruitment system (concurso), the competition (concurso-oposición) must be the recruitment system”
In CNIC, the specific regulations approved by the Foundation's board of trustees establish a merit-based recruitment system (concurso) including a personal interview.
At least the three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria (C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C6) reaches 85 points.
Composition of the Selection Commission:
- Group leader
- Research Office Manager
- Research Office Manager
- Research Office Manager
- HR member
The CNIC guarantees, in its field of action, the principle of equality in access to employment, and cannot establish any discrimination, direct or indirect, based on reasons of origin, including racial or ethnic, sex, age, marital status, religion or convictions, political opinion, sexual orientation and identity, gender expression, sexual characteristics, union affiliation, social condition, language within the State and disability, provided that the workers are in conditions of aptitude to carry out the work or employment for which try they are assigned.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"