Postdoctoral researcher for the Imaging the Cardiovascular Inflammation and the Immune Response group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
Functions: the candidate will participate in a research project entitled Development of “smart” amplifiers of reactive oxygen species specific to aberrant polymorphonuclear neutrophils for treatment of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, cancer and myeloablation, financed by the European Commission. He/she will be involved in the planning and execution of the experiments, collection and processing of data. He/she will participate in the preparation of grant proposals and manuscripts.
- PhD in Medical Sciences.
- At least 5 years of experience in biomedical research.
- Certification to work with experimental animals, Functions B and C (Orden ECC/566/2015) or former category B (R.D. 1201/2005).
- Not having exhausted more than five years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia.
- Previous experience in research centers abroad will be positively valued (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction of international experience).
- Experience in working with genetically modified mice: mouse handling, drug administration and necropsies (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Previous experience and knowledge of experimental techniques in the laboratory's areas of interest: hematology and hematopoietic stem cells, bone research, cytometry, microscopy and imaging techniques. (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- History of scientific publications (it will be valued according to the number and quality of publications. It is essential that the candidate lists the publications and authorship in the CV).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Temporary contract (6 months), as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law. The position might be covered by an interim contract until the final resolution of the selection process.
- Immediate incorporation.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"
You must register to apply.
If you already have an account, you just have to log in entering your email and your password: