Postdoctoral Researcher for Nuclear Receptor Signaling Group.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
A Postdoctoral researcher position is available to work in the Nuclear Receptor Signaling group headed by Dr. Mercedes Ricote.
This group is looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated candidate to join a project that involves mouse models of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases. A combination of biochemical, cellular and in vivo model systems will be used, including tissue-specific knockout mice, genome-wide analysis, and bioinformatic approaches.
More information at: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/nuclear-receptor-signaling
Research activities in project that involves mouse models of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases.
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences
- Not having exhausted the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- An outstanding publication record in peer review journals.
- Experience working with mouse models of inflammation.
- Additional experience in cellular, molecular biology, genomics and /or bioinformatics will be highly valued.
- Research experience in international research centers.
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and electrophysiological study of cardiovascular models.
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- 1 year Postdoctoral Contract (Ley de la Ciencia) with possibility of yearly extensions.
SELECTION PLAN: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 55 points as a sum of criteria C1 – C4). The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total (C1-C5) is higher than 70 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"