Postdoctoral researcher - Unit of viral vectors
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The Unit of viral vectors (ViVU led by Dr. Juan A. Bernal Rodríguez is seeking a hard worker and highly motivated postdoctoral researcher. The successful candidate will led the production of Adenoviruses, Lentivirus and Virus Adeno-associated (AAV) for in vitro and in vivo studies. The candidate will also participate in the current project focused on developing more efficient viral vectors for in vivo studies.
For detailed information of our Unit please visit:
- PhD in the life sciences area
- Not to have exhausted the maximum of 5 years being the holder of a contract under the same degree of doctor according to article 22 of the “Ley de la Ciencia”.
- Experience in design and generation of virus: lentivirus, adenovirus and adeno associated virus (AAV).
- Experience in Molecular Biology (cloning, libraries,…)
- Experience in Cell Biology (cell cultures, flow cytometry..)
- Competence in English language.
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Linked to the public sector and managed by a foundation
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Immediate incorporation
SELECTION PLAN: At least the best 3 candidates with the highest score (if greater than 70 points) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired if total score is greater than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"