Postdoctoral/Lab. Manager position for the Hematovascular pathophysiology group
The CNIC (Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares) is a research institute in Madrid with a modern infrastructure and ample funding to carry out world-leading biomedical research. http://www.cnic.es. The Center is equipped with state of the art equipment and infrastructures needed for cardiovascular research and offers various services including cellomics, proteomics, genomics, bioinformatics, microscopy, histopathology, and SPF animal facility.
The Hematovascular pathophysiology group led by Dr, José Javier Fuster is looking for a competitive Postdoctoral researcher/Lab. Manager to join his laboratory.
- PhD in life science discipline.
- Minimum one year of postdoctoral research or laboratory management experience.
- The applicant should not having exhausted the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Laboratory management experience in international biomedical research institutions, including the management of tissue biobanks and shared equipment in the laboratory.
- Previous experience in the management of large rodent colonies.
- Postdoctoral research experience in international biomedical research institutions.
- Previous experience in murine models of inflammatory, cardiovascular or metabolic disease, including at least models of obesity-induced adipose tissue dysfunction.
- Knowledge in molecular biology, cell culture and immunohistochemistry.
- Scientific publication record.
- Interview (in English).
- 1 to 5 years contract with a competitive salary.
- Incorporation into a modern Research Center of international relevance in the scientific field. Linked to the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration in young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to a modern infrastructure with the most advanced technology.
- Training in the latest advances, both technical and scientific.
Only those candidates who exceed the score of 70 points in the sum of the merit categories C1 – C6 will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired, provided that it exceeds 90 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"