Predoctoral Researcher for the Neurovascular Pathophysiology Group
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research centre of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
A 4-year PhD Fellowship position is available to join the Neurovascular Pathophysiology group led by Dr. María Ángeles Moro at CNIC (Madrid). More information of the group in: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/neurovascular-pathophysiology
The contract is part of the grant “Dissecting the role of brain perivascular spaces and glymphatic clearance in vascular-driven dementia” (PID2022-140616OB-I00) funded by MCIN/AEI/ 10.13039/501100011033 and ESF+.
Brain perivascular spaces (PVS), at the crossroads between the nervous, cardiovascular and immune systems, are compartments between the glia limitans and the endothelial basement membrane of brain blood vessels. The student will participate in a project aimed to investigate how the dysfunction of PVS-mediated brain clearance is involved in vascular-driven cognitive impairment and dementia (VCID). The project will apply dedicated animal models and multidisciplinary cutting-edge technologies specifically targeted to the study of the physiology and pathology of the PVS and the possible end-points of their dysfunction. Preclinical findings will be validated in human samples from ongoing collaborations with clinical groups. In addition to the mechanistical insight provided, this project will serve to deliver a framework to improve the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of VCID.
- Graduate in Biomedical and related areas.
- Master´s degree in in the fields of biomedical sciences or related areas at the time of signing the contract.
- Being enrolled, admitted or pre-admitted at a university in a doctoral program, and must be enrolled in that doctoral program when the contract is formalized.
- Not having exhausted the maximum of 4 years being the holder of a contract under the same pre-doctoral degree according to article 21 of the science law.
- Not to be in possession of a Doctorate degree, from any Spanish or foreign university.
Requirements related to the candidate's academic and/or scientific-technical background
- C1. Scientific-technical contributions. The academic record and other curricular merits of the candidate will be assessed, as well as their suitability for the tasks to be carried out based on training and professional experience. (Candidates must provide an official academic record)
- C2. Mobility and internationalization. The relevance and impact on their research career of the candidate's stays in national and international centers and/or in the industrial sector will be assessed, taking into account the prestige of the entity hosting the stay and the activity carried out therein.
- C3. Solid communication skills in English, scientific contributions (articles published in scientific journals, books or chapters, oral communications at conferences, and scientific dissemination activities), or awards will be valued (it will be assessed according to the English level accredited, the number of awards or contributions reflected, as well as their importance).
Requirements related to the adequacy of the candidate/to the research activities to be carried out
- C4. Knowledge or experience in experimental animal models of cerebrovascular diseases (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- C5. Knowledge or experience in behavioural tests for cognitive function, anxiety, depression and motor skills (must be reflected in the CV and will be assessed according to the number of years or fraction).
- C6. Interview.
- Joining a modern Research Center of international relevance in the scientific field.
- Integration into young teams in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to a modern infrastructure with the most advanced technology
- Training in the latest advances, both technical and scientific.
- “Contrato de Investigador Predoctoral en formación de duración determinada” of 1 year duration, in accordance with Art. 21 Ley 14/2011 de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación (texto refundido Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación), extendable up to the maximum limit of 4 years, funded by ref: PID2022-140616OB-I00, (MCIN/AEI/ 10.13039/501100011033 y FSE+), with Title: “Dissecting the role of brain perivascular spaces and glymphatic clearance in vascular-driven dementia” ,as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law .
- Incorporation within a maximum period of 3 months from the publication on the Agency's website of the definitive concession resolution
The RESOLUTION OF THE SECRETARIAT OF STATE FOR PUBLIC FUNCTION APPROVING THE COMMON ACTION CRITERIA FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESSES IN THE STATE PUBLIC SECTOR ENTITIES of April 11, 2022, sets forth in point 6.1 that “Unless a specific regulation establishes a merit-bases recruitment system (concurso), the competition (concurso-oposición) must be the recruitment system”.
In CNIC, the specific regulations approved by the Foundation's board of trustees establish a merit-based recruitment system (concurso) including a personal interview.
At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria C1‐C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C6) is higher than 85 points.
- Head of the Group
- Predoctoral Researcher of the group
- Research Office Manager
- Research Office Manager
- HR member
The CNIC guarantees, in its field of action, the principle of equality in access to employment, and cannot establish any discrimination, direct or indirect, based on reasons of origin, including racial or ethnic, sex, age, marital status, religion or convictions, political opinion, sexual orientation and identity, gender expression, sexual characteristics, union affiliation, social condition, language within the State and disability, provided that the workers are in conditions of aptitude to carry out the work or employment for which try they are assigned.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"