Project Manager for the Project “Strategy of scientific management in the context of the new framework programme Horizon Europe 2021-2027” (Técnico Senior)
The new European Union Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon Europe, will run from 2021 to 2027. Following a political agreement on large parts of the draft legislation in Spring 2019, the European Commission, together with Member States and all concerned stakeholders, launched a co-design process to prepare for the first work programmes and calls for proposals. Part of this preparation concerns the definition of the desired impacts and funding priorities, in pursuit of the programme’s ambitious objectives, through the process of strategic planning. A second part concerns the Implementation Strategy, which focuses on how the new programme will achieve those objectives in practice. It will provide the framework for carefully designed rules and efficient processes, across the entire programme and project life cycle, allowing the programme to deliver its impacts in a way that is as efficient and user-friendly as possible.
The CNIC aims at adapting its structures for scientific management, including the Research Office, to this new framework that requires a new approach in organization, personnel, funding and imbrication with scientific strategies, gender balance, sustainability, social responsibility, internationalization, and many other aspects related with Science globalization.
To lead this ambitious project the CNIC is searching for a Senior Project Manager, who designs an internal landmark in accordance with Horizon Europe and its strategies for the future; including scientific management strategies, researchers encouragement to actively participate in new initiatives on research, intellectual property, enterprise and internationalization.
- Implementation of the Project in its different phases and milestones, including a theoretical/practical development in depth of the general objectives of the project, assigning them the required resources so as its budget management.
- Support in preparation and management of the center´s key grant applications for the project according to Horizon Europe strategies
- Support in the preparation of reports and public tenders for the implementation of the Project
- Support in the selection processes of personnel integrated in the Project.
- Align the strategies of the Project with the guidance and strategy of the Scientific Direction and Scientific Management Direction.
- Masters´ / PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences, or alternatively a master´s degree in any other field in case the candidate has at least 10 years of management experience in the field of public and private funding for R&D activities, preferably in the health sector.
- MBA degree or Project Management Certificate.
- English level, C1 minimum or equivalent, creditable by official certification (official certification must be attached).
- Experience in international & national grant schemes (ERCs, ERANETs, ITNs, H2020 Coordinated multi-partner projects, SAF/BFU, FIS, REDES, CIBER, BBVA, Fundació la MARATÓ, Fundació la Caixa, etc.) (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction).
- Experience in R&D project management and R&D assessment in public entities and organizations (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction).
- Experience in R&D project management and R&D assessment in private entities and organizations (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction).
- Experience in the development of Strategic Plans for organizations linked to R&D in different fields of knowledge and science (innovative clusters, research centres, etc.) (it will be valued according to the experience: number of years or fraction).
- Work in a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to state-of-the art infrastructures and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Laboral contract as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
Selection plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria C1 - C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C4) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promotes nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"