Researcher in training for studies on the role of micro-RNAs in endothelial cell function
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
- Generation and cloning of genetically modified primary endothelial cells using molecular biology techniques and cell culture techniques.
- Investigate the role of exosomes, miRNAs and chromatin alterations in control and progeroid endothelial cells.
- Bachelor degree in life sciences area obtained not earlier than 2018.
- Not holding an internship contract based on the same academic degree in other Spanish companies or institutions.
- Demonstrated international research experience (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction)
- Knowledge and/or experience in exosomes, miRNAs, RNA and DNA methylation, analysis of chromatin (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses).
- Knowledge and/or experience in molecular and cell biology techniques, including qPCR, Digital Droplet PCR, western blot, nucleic acid and protein extraction and quantification, cloning, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, etc. (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses).
- Knowledge and/or experience in culture of endothelial primary cells and established cell lines (eg., transfection, proliferation assays, etc.) (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses).
- Competence in English language demonstrated by certificate (Cambridge, TOEFL, or equivalent) (it will be valued according to the levels established by the CEFR).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- 6-month internship contract, renewable up to a maximum of 2 years, as long as the selected candidate meets the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract according to Spanish labor law.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"