Scientific Assistant Position for the Nuclear Receptor Signaling group.
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Scientific Assistant position for the Nuclear Receptor Signaling Laboratory directed by Dr. Mercedes Ricote. The laboratory director, Dr. Mercedes Ricote, and her team are internationally recognized leaders in the field of nuclear receptor signalling and cardiovascular research.
The position is for a highly motivated senior scientist who will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of research activities contributing to the definition of a role for nuclear receptors in myeloid cell biology. In particular, the group is interested in the roles of RXRs (retinoid X receptors) in the differentiation and specialization of tissue resident macrophages and the homeostasis of hematopoietic stem cells, with a special interest in the genetic and epigenetic landscape(s) controlled by RXRs in myeloid cells.
For additional information about Dr. Mercedes Ricote’s Lab, please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/nuclear-receptor-signaling
- PhD in Life Science area.
- At least 8 years postdoctoral experience
- Solid Knowledge and research experience on nuclear receptor signaling.
- Experience working with transgenic mouse models for the study of nuclear receptor signaling in myeloid cells
- Experience in cellular biology techniques: cell culturing, flow cytometry and cell sorting, colony forming unit assays, microscopy, electrophoresis, immunoassays, blotting techniques.
- Competence in advanced molecular biology and genomics techniques: RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq.
- An outstanding publication record in peer review journals in the nuclear receptor field.
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Indefinite contract (the coverage of the position through an indefinite contract is subject to the mandatory authorization of the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas)
Selection Plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C6) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"