Staff scientist for the laboratory of Molecular and Genetic Cardiovascular Pathophysiology
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
A position of Staff Scientist (Investigador colaborador) is offered in the laboratory of Dr. Vicente Andrés with the following functions and criteria:
- Contributing to the design and execution of research projects
- Contributing to the scientific excellence of the research group, supervision and support in the daily management of the research conducted in the laboratory
- Support in writing research grant proposals and reporting
- Writing scientific papers for publication in international peer-reviewed journals
- Dissemination of results in seminars, congresses, etc.
- Writing projects for Ethics Committee authorizations, MTAs and patentability studies
- PhD in life sciences
- Minimum 5 years of postdoctoral research experience in foreign international biomedical research institutions with publications as a first author
- Previous experience in research related to Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS)
The criteria for evaluation:
- Proven experience (with publications) in molecular biology, cell culture and animal models
- Experience in progeroid animal models
- Experience in writing international research projects, scientific and financial grant justifications, experimental animal projects for Ethics Committee authorization requests, etc
- Experience in managing a research laboratory
- Level C1 in English (CAE o equivalent official certificate) that must be attached along with the document proving the candidate holds a PhD degree
The CNIC offers:
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
- Immediate incorporation.
SELECTION PLAN: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score is higher than 80 points.
The coverage of the position through the indefinite contract is subject to the mandatory authorization of the Spanish Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"