Technician for the Cellomics Unit (Técnico Titulado Superior)
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art Flow cytometry technology, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a Flow Cytometry Technician position to work under supervision of Dr. Maria Montoya within the CNIC research infrastructure of the Cellomics Unit (UC) (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/cellomics). The position focuses on supporting users in both analytic and sorting cytometry. The position will cover the afternoon-evening shift (working hours from 13.00 to 20.30 pm).
The job responsibilities include:
- Operate the sorters installed in the UC cytometry laboratory (currently a 6-laser BDFACSAria SORP, a 4-laser Sony Biotechnology SY3200 and a 2-laser Sony Biotechnology SY3200).
- Provide support in the use of flow cytometry analytic instruments (currently two 3-laser FACSCanto II, a 4-laser BD LSRFortessa and a 3-laser Sony Biotechnology Spectral SP6800).
- Provide troubleshooting and simple repairs of analytic cytometry and sorting equipment.
- Participate in the execution of the preventive maintenance and calibration planfor analytic cytometry and sorting equipment.
- Participate in the UC training plan, by delivering lectures in courses and disseminating procedures and methods among users.
- Provide support in flow cytometry-based technologies (experimental design, multi-parameter data analysis, cytometer set-up, etc.)
We are looking for a Flow Cytometry Technician with extensive knowledge of analytical and sorting flow cytometry technics. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, have good organizational skills and be able to work in a team. Fluency in English is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or Medicine.
- At least three years of experience in Flow Cytometry Shared Resource Laboratories.
- Experience and independence in the use of cell sorters, both flow cell and jet-in-air based instruments (BDFACSAria II and Sy3200 is a plus).
- Experience in the use, maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical flow cytometers (BDLSR Fortessa and BDFACSCanto II is a plus).
- Knowledge of cytometry analysis software (FlowJo and FCS Express).
- Knowledge of spectral flow cytometry (SonyBiotechnology SP6800 is a plus).
- Knowledge of multicolor panel design.
- Publication record on the relevant technical areas.
- Incorporation into a growing Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into a multidisciplinary team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- Temporary contract.
Only those candidates who exceed the score of 70 points in the sum of the valuable requirements (C1 – C7) will be interviewed and the candidate with the highest final score will be hired (if greater than 85 points).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"