Technician for the Transgenesis Unit
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
A technician position (técnico titulado superior) is available at the CNIC Transgenesis Unit, led by Dr. Luis Miguel Criado Rodríguez. The candidate should be highly motivated and prepared to collaborate with other scientists, since he/she will be in charge of assisting CNIC scientists in the production of transgenic mice and related procedures, as well as developing new techniques and disease models as needed. Candidates will hold a PhD in biomedical sciences, should have extensive experience in transgenesis laboratories, demonstrable expertise in mouse biology, reproductive biology (small and large animals) and in the specific techniques indicated below.
- Computational analysis using bioinformatics DB and genomic tools for comparative analysis
- In vitro fertilization procedures
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) in the mouse
- Cryopreservation of mouse lines (embryo and sperm)
- Handling of mouse colonies
- Preimplantation embryo culture and rederivation of mice (by embryo transfer)
- Production of chimeric mice (aggregation/microinjection of ES-cells)
- Production of genetically modified mice (by zygote microinjection/electroporation)
- Experience working with CRISPR-Cas9 system for generation of genetically modified mice
- Sperm cryopreservation and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) in zebrafish.
- Ph.D. in biological or medical sciences.
- Permission for performing experiments with lab animals. Candidates should hold an official title (i.e. titles regulated by ECC/566/2015 which include at least functions b and c, prior “category B” titles granting equivalent permissions or titles granted abroad that confer equivalent permissions for working with rodents).
Attach the title/s along with the academic qualifications when uploading the documents requested.
- Working experience (at least 5 years) in research laboratories or facilities involving transgenesis or animal reproduction. Please specify those transgenesis-related techniques that were used.
- Working experience in research laboratories executing molecular biology and genomics analysis. Please specify those molecular biology-related techniques that were used.
- Additional training for mouse colony management.
- Experience working in scientific institutions abroad
- Publication record
- Computer skills: Office, software packages for sequence alignment, PCR design, and CRISPR guides design.
- Permanent contract (contrato indefinido)
- Fixed Salary: 32.386,34 € + Variable Salay (maximum 20% of fixed salary depending on objectives).
- Joining a research center with international relevance and integration, in an excellent transgenics unit doing cutting-edge research and collaborating with leading research teams.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Starting date: 2019
The coverage of the position through permanent contract is subject to the authorization of the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas.
Selection plan: Se entrevistarán al menos a los 3 candidatos que obtengan la mayor puntuación y que alcancen el total de 65 puntos en la suma de los criterios evaluables (C1-C6). Se contratará al candidato/a con puntuación más alta, siempre que alcancen los 80 puntos (C1-C7).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promotes nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"