“Tecnico Titulado Superior II” position at the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis Laboratory
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a “Técnico Titulado Superior level II” (technician with university degree), position at the Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis directed by Dr. Rui Benedito. For additional information about Dr. Rui Benedito’s Lab, please visit:
The selected candidate will support scientific and research work in order to develop an ongoing investigation. This work will include analysis of genomics and scRNAseq data, to look for scientific information in the vascular biology field, the use of mice as experimental model and to perform experiments using different techniques including microdissection, histology, confocal microscopy and flow cytometry.
- B.S. in the life sciences area.
- Experience in the vascular biology field and in working with mice as a model (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience with the integrative analysis of transcriptomics and proteomics data (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in using and developing genetic mosaics mouse models (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and known techniques).
- Experience with microscopy and flow cytometry (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and known techniques).
- Experience with advanced molecular biology techniques (qRT-PCR, RNAseq analysis) (qPCR, RNAseq analysis…) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and known techniques).
- Interview. (Part or the entire interview will be done in English)
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Part time (27h/week)
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Immediate incorporation.
- “Contrato de obra y servicio” (work and service contract), as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
At least the three candidates with the highest score will be interviewed as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria (C1 - C5). The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C6) is at least 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection. By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"