Técnico/a Especialista for the Viral Vectors Unit (ViVU)
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The Viral Vectors unit is looking for a “Técnico/a Especialista”. More information about the unit can be found here: CNIC
Perform several gene editing techniques including CRISPRs, gene knock-out, knock-in, cell cultures and primary cells, PCR/ real time, western blot, cell sorting, and viral production. Given the focus of the Technical Unit on viral vectors development the job will include generation and packaging of retroviruses, lentivirus, adenovirus, and adeno-associated virus.
Organize and set-up laboratories as required, and to work as part of a team ensuring that sufficient consumables are in stock, equipment is maintained and in full working order and to oversee the compliance with regulations of the research that is conducted.
Ayuda CEX2020-001041-S financiada por MCIN/AEI /10.13039/501100011033
- Formación Profesional de Grado Superior in Life Sciences
- At least 8 years research experience in biomedical research Centres
- C1. Experience in gene targeting or editing (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques).
- C2. Experience in cellular and molecular techniques: isolation and culture of primary cells, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA extraction and quantification, western blot, qPCR (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques).
- C3. Experience in the generation and titration of recombinant lentivirus, adenovirus or adeno-associated virus (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques)
- C4. Experience in handling and manipulation of experimental animals, intraperitoneal, intravenous, tail and subcutaneous injection. (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques)
- C5. Experience working in a Core Technical Unit (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction)
- C6. Interview
- Opportunity to work in a leading cardiovascular research institution equipped with state-of-the-art resources and technology.
- Integration in a young translational research team, in a highly competitive environment
- Start date: Inmediate
- “Contrato de actividades científico técnicas, de duración indefinida”, according to the article 23 bis de la Ley de la Ciencia (texto refundido Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación), funding “Excelencia Severo Ochoa 2020”, exp: CEX2020-001041-S, concedido a Vicente Andrés García en la convocatoria “Apoyo a Centros de Excelencia « Severo Ochoa» y a Unidades de Excelencia « María de Maeztu», 2020”, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract, in accordance with the Spanish labour law.
The RESOLUTION OF THE SECRETARIAT OF STATE FOR PUBLIC FUNCTION APPROVING THE COMMON ACTION CRITERIA FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESSES IN THE STATE PUBLIC SECTOR ENTITIES of April 11, 2022, set forth in point 6.1 that “Unless a specific regulation establishes a merit-bases recruitment system (concurso), the competition (concurso-oposición) must be the recruitment system”
In CNIC, the specific regulations approved by the Foundation's board of trustees establish a merit-base recruitment system (concurso) including a personal interview.
At least three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria (C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C6) reaches 80 points
Composition of the Selection Commission:
- Group Leader
- Manager Research Office
- Manager Research Office
- Posdoctoral Researcher
- HR member
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator of the same area will be appointed"
You must register to apply.
If you already have an account, you just have to log in entering your email and your password: