1 PhD student position available for “Image analysis of cardiac development in the mouse”
PhD student position available to develop his/her thesis within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (MSCA-ITN-EID) action ‘4D analysis of heart development and regeneration using advanced light microscopy — 4DHeart’ , a highly multidisciplinary, inter- sectorial and competitive training programme in cardiovascular research.
Description of the project:
The project aims to generate a computerized 3D+t description of early mouse cardiac development at cellular resolution and to build software tools for automated image registration to the cardiac model. The student will be exposed to a multidisciplinary group of researchers focused on advanced live imaging and image analysis. The student will develop research on live imaging of mouse embryos, and image registration procedures of temporal sequences of 3D images.
- Applicant must have passed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in the set of official university studies, with a minimum of 60 credits in Master studies, in biomedical sciences with interest in image processing and object oriented
- Software development (C++) is essential and experience in microscopy and/or embryology will be valued. Good English communication skills are mandatory. Research experience will also be valued.
- Candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree.
- In addition, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
- Specific training and research experience in physics, mathematics and computer sciences
- Experience in microscopy
- Experience in embryology
- Other research experience
- An interest in image processing and object oriented software development (C++) is essential and will be evaluated during the interview
- Temporary contract linked to the end of the scientific project until 31/12/2020. Half of the contract period will be take place in Madrid at CNIC (Dr. Miguel Torres Team), and the other half will be take place inZürich at Bitplane (Dr.Peter Majer Team), with a competitive salary (according to Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks Table)
- Integration in a European network of scientific excellence
- Stays in private companies and partner academic labs
- Extensive training in complementary skills
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructures.
SELECTION PLAN: Only candidates with 55 points in C1-C4 will be interviewed. Minimum points to be awarded with the contract: 70 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"