1PhD student position available at CNIC & BITPLANE
1PhD student position available at
FUNDACION CENTRO NACIONAL DE INVESTIGACIONES CARDIOVASCULARES CARLOS III (CNIC) & BITPLANE
PhD student position available to develop his/her thesis within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (MSCA-ITN-EID) action ‘4D analysis of heart development and regeneration using advanced light microscopy — 4DHeart’ , a highly multidisciplinary, intersectoral and competitive training programme in cardiovascular research.
Project: Time-lapse 4-D analysis of cardiac development in the mouse
Description of the project: The project aims to generate a computerized 4-D description of early mouse cardiac development at cellular resolution. The student will be exposed to a multidisciplinary group of translational researchers focused in advanced live imaging and image analysis. The student will learn live imaging principles, acquisition procedures and post-processing skills applied to embryonic mouse heart development.
Applicant must have passed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in the set of official university studies, with a minimum of 60 credits in Master studies, preferably including Microscopy and Developmental Biology or related disciplines. Good English communication skills are mandatory. Research experience will also be valued.
Candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Be — at the date of recruitment — an ‘early stage researcher’ (i.e. in the first four years of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree);
In addition, must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
- Not have resided in the country where the research training activities take place for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country).
- a 36 month contract to undertake a PhD, 18 months to be spent at CNIC-Miguel Torres Team, and 18 months at Bitplane.
- a competitive salary (according Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks Table)
- integration in a European network of scientific excellence
- stays in private companies and partner academic labs
- extensive training in complementary skills
- access to state-of-the-art infrastructures
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Send CV and a cover letter addressing your qualifications as they pertain to this position, and contact information of three referees to lmanukyancnic.es ( )before May 31th. Please quote reference ESR4.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"