Assistant Professor to lead a research line in cardiomyopathies of genetic origin
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
- To lead and develop a research line related to genetic cardiomyopathies and gene therapy.
- PhD in Biological Sciences
- At least 3 years’ experience leading a research group in the field of gene therapy and genetic cardiomyopathies in an internationally recognized research center
- At least 5 years’ of research experience as a postdoctoral researcher or group leader in foreign international biomedical research institution/s, proven with at least one publication as a first/last author. (For the institution to be considered foreign it must be located in a different country than the one in which the researcher obtained his/her PhD degree)
- Proven track-record of having obtained funding in competitive calls as principal investigator (the CV must reflect reference of the projects and the call for funding).
- Publications as first/last author obtained in at least 3 different research institutions with an Impact Factor above 10 (in the year of publication) according to JCR (must be clearly stated in the CV)
- Experience in DNA metabolism (DNA repair, replication and transcription). Evaluated in number of publications: must be reflected in the CV.
- Experience in cardiovascular disease modeling. Evaluated in number of publications: must be reflected in the CV.
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector.
- Permanent contract (contrato indefinido)
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
SELECTION PLAN: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points) in the categories C1-C3 will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score is higher than 90 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination based on age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost thoroughness in the application of the principles of equality, merit and capacity of public employment and regulations in force on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"