Assistant Researcher for the Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System Laboratory (Investigador Colaborador)
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time Assistant Researcher position for the Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System Laboratory directed by Dr. Jorge Alegre-Cebollada.
The position is for a highly motivated senior scientist who will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of research activities contributing to the main areas of interest of the group that investigates how mechanical forces determine muscle function at the molecular, cellular, tissue and organismal levels. Their motivation is to improve the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular and musculoskeletal diseases.
For additional information about Dr. Jorge Alegre’s Lab, please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/molecular-mechanics-cardiovascular-system
Be responsible for the design, development and implementation of research activities contributing to the main areas of interest of the group that investigates how mechanical forces determine muscle function at the molecular, cellular, tissue and organismal levels.
- PhD in Life Science area.
- At least 8 years postdoctoral experience.
- An outstanding publication record in peer review journals in the biochemistry field.
- Research experience in mechanobiochemistry and biophysical techniques.
- Experience in recombinant protein production, purification and characterization.
- Experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with mass spectrometry.
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Permanent contract.
SELECTION PLAN: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C6) is higher than 85 points.
The coverage of the position through the permanet contract is subject to the mandatory authorization of the Spanish Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"