Associate Health Scientist for the Advanced Development in Arrhythmia Mechanisms and Therapy
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is searching to hire a Distinguished Researcher for the Advanced Development in Arrhythmia Mechanisms and Therapy group to lead multidisciplinary research focused on the mechanisms underlying cardiac arrhythmias that occur in highly prevalent cardiovascular diseases in the general population, as well as in specific subsets at particular risk of sudden cardiac death.
- MD with training in cardiology.
- At least 10 years of experience in the field.
- European Heart Association Certification for Cardiac Electrophysiology specialist or equivalent.
- PhD in Medicine in the field of cardiac electrophysiology.
- At least 5 years of experience leading a research group in the field of cardiac arrhythmias and the study of therapeutic alternatives.
- Proven track-record of having obtained funding in competitive calls as principal investigator (the CV must reflect reference of the projects and the call for funding).
Further essential requirements:
- In order to be selected, the candidate chosen needs to count with a positive evaluation, as Associate Health Scientist, from CNIC’s Scientific Advisory Board.
- Experience as Principal Investigator leading a line of research funded by competitive grants (national and international). (It will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of projects and the amount granted).
- High impact publications as first/last author in the field of study obtained in different research institutions (must be clearly stated in the CV. It will be valued according to the number of publications and the impact factor).
- Experience in training and mentoring of young researchers (graduate, MD and postdoctoral researchers) (It will be valued according to the number of researchers trained).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
- Distinguished investigator contract regulated by the article 23 of the Spanish Law 14/2011, on Science, Technology and Innovation as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination based on age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost thoroughness in the application of the principles of equality, merit and capacity of public employment and regulations in force on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"