Associate Professor to lead a research line in Molecular Genetics of Angiogenesis
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
As group leader the selected person will be responsible for the development of the research lines of the laboratory, he/she is expected to obtain competitive funding to finance such projects and will need to publish scientific results in international high impact factor journals. The selected candidate will supervise the work of all members of the group, including research and technical staff. Other tasks include to carry out coordination and management work requested by CNIC leadership including participating in committees and helping in other needs that may arise.
- PhD in Biological Sciences
- At least 5 years of experience as group leader (PI) in an internationally recognized research center working in the field of molecular genetic mechanisms that regulates angiogenesis.
- Proven track-record of having obtained funding in at least 2 competitive calls as Principal Investigator. At least one of them must be an international call (EU, USA…) (the CV must reflect reference of the projects and the call for funding).
- At least 2 publications as group leader with an Impact Factor above 10 (in the year of publication) according to JCR.
- PhD obtained after December 31, 2005
Further essential requirements:
- In order to be selected, the candidate chosen needs to count with a positive evaluation, as Associate Professor, from CNIC’s Scientific Advisory Board.
- Publications as first/last author obtained during candidate´s scientific career.
- Competitive calls obtained during candidate´s scientific career
- Experience in the field of angiogenesis. Specifically, it will be highly valuable to have strong expertise in the signaling pathways that regulates new vessel formation and control the different cell types that compose the vascular system (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Strong expertise in molecular biology, mouse genetics and imaging applied to the field of angiogenesis.
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
- Distinguished investigator contract regulated by the article 23 of the Spanish Law 14/2011, on Science, Technology and Innovation as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
Selection plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score will be interviewed (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points in the total of the previous categories, C1-C4). The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score is higher than 90 points (C1-C5).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination based on age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost thoroughness in the application of the principles of equality, merit and capacity of public employment and regulations in force on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"