Associate Professor to lead a research line in Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
To lead and develop a research line related to Molecular Mechanics of the Cardiovascular System. As group leader the selected person will be responsible for the development of the research lines of the laboratory, he/she is expected to obtain competitive funding to finance such projects and will need to publish scientific results in international high impact factor journals. The selected candidate will supervise the work of all members of the group, including research and technical staff. Other tasks include carrying out coordination and management work requested by CNIC leadership including his/her participation in committees and other tasks that may arise.
- PhD in Biological Sciences
- At least 5 years of experience as group leader (PI) in an internationally recognized research center working in the field of molecular mechanics of the cardiovascular system.
- Proven track-record of having obtained funding in at least 2 competitive calls as Principal Investigator. At least one of them must be an international call (EU, USA…) (the CV must reflect reference of the projects and the call for funding).
- At least 2 publications as group leader with an Impact Factor above 10 (in the year of publication) according to JCR.
- PhD obtained after December 31, 2005
Further essential requirements: In order to be selected, the chosen candidate needs to count with a positive evaluation, as Associate Professor, from CNIC’s Scientific Advisory Board.
- Publications as first/last author obtained during candidate´s scientific career (publications signed as PI will be more valuable, number and impact factor of publications will be evaluated).
- Competitive calls obtained during candidate´s scientific career (number and quality of grants and amount of funds obtained will be evaluated).
- Experience in the field of molecular mechanics. Specifically, it will be highly valuable to have strong expertise in molecular biophysics methods to study protein mechanics (force spectroscopy) and mechanical testing of tissues (It will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Strong expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry related to familial cardiomyopathies (It will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Distinguished investigator contract regulated by the article 23 of the Spanish Law 14/2011, on Science, Technology and Innovation as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination based on age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost thoroughness in the application of the principles of equality, merit and capacity of public employment and regulations in force on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"
Solicitud de inscripción
Para inscribirse por primera vez en una convocatoria, es necesario crear una cuenta de usuario, indicando un email y una contraseña.
En caso de disponer ya de cuenta, simplemente debe iniciar sesión: