Associate Professor to lead a research line to study the mechanisms of cardiac disease and heart failure
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
To lead and develop a research line related to the study of the molecular mechanisms of cardiac disease and heart failure. As group leader the selected person will be responsible for the development of the research lines of the laboratory, he/she is expected to obtain competitive funding to finance such projects and will need to publish scientific results in international high impact factor journals. The selected candidate will supervise the work of all members of the group, including research and technical staff. Other tasks include to carry out coordination and management work requested by CNIC leadership including participating in committees and helping in other needs that may arise.
- PhD in the field of Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.).
- At least 8 years’ experience leading a research group in the field of cardiac disease and heart failure in an internationally recognized research center.
- At least 5 years’ of research experience as a postdoctoral researcher or junior group leader in foreign international biomedical research institution/s, proven with publications as first/last author. (For the institution to be considered foreign it must be located in a different country than the one in which the researcher obtained his/her PhD degree)
- Proven track-record of having obtained funding in competitive calls as principal investigator (the CV must reflect reference of the projects and the call for funding).
- Experience as Principal Investigator leading a line of research funded by competitive grants (national and international).
- Experience in coordinating international network projects.
- High impact publications as last and/or corresponding author in the field of study, obtained in different research institutions (must be clearly stated in the CV)
- Experience in training and mentoring of early stage researchers (graduate, MD and postdoctoral researchers etc)
- Participation in management committees, grant evaluation and editorial boards.
Further essential requirements: In order to be selected, the candidate chosen needs to count with a positive evaluation, as Associate Professor, from the External Adviser and Evaluating Scientific Committee.
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- “Fixed salary: 55.879,85 € annual, + variable depending on objectives”
- Distinguished investigator contract regulated by the article 23 of the Spanish Law 14/2011, on Science, Technology and Innovation.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination based on age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost thoroughness in the application of the principles of equality, merit and capacity of public employment and regulations in force on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"
Solicitud de inscripción
Para inscribirse por primera vez en una convocatoria, es necesario crear una cuenta de usuario, indicando un email y una contraseña.
En caso de disponer ya de cuenta, simplemente debe iniciar sesión: