Associate Professor to lead a research line to study the role of clonal hematopoiesis in cardiovascular disease (TEMPORARY “Contrato de investigador/a distinguido/a”)
The CNIC is searching for an excellent Principal Investigator at the career stage at which he/she is consolidating his/her own independent research team, to take up a position as Associate Professor in the field of clonal hematopoiesis and cardiovascular disease.
As group leader in the rank of Associate Professor, the selected candidate will be responsible for the development of the research lines of the laboratory. Moreover, she/he will be expected to obtain extramural funding from the most competitive national and international sources to finance such projects, and to publish scientific results in international journals of the highest impact factor in the cardiovascular field, and/or general medicine field, and/or multidisciplinary sciences field. The selected candidate will supervise the work of all members of the group, including research and technical staff. Other tasks include the coordination and management work requested by CNIC leadership including participation in committees and helping in other needs that may arise.
- PhD in the field of Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Medicine, etc.).
- A minimum of 5 years and no more than 7years of experience leading a research group in the field of cardiovascular research in an internationally recognized research center.
- A minimum of 2 papers as corresponding author (or co-corresponding author) in journals ranked in the first decile in the cardiovascular field in the last 5 years (i.e., since 2018).
- Experience as Principal Investigator/Coordinator in research grants obtained from international competitive funding sources in the last 5 years (i.e. year of publication of the call: 2018 onwards).
- Main topic of research in the field of clonal hematopoiesis and cardiovascular disease.
- Have an a priori positive evaluation by the CNIC Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) at the level of Assistant Professor.
- C1. Scientific production: publications as corresponding author (or co-corresponding author) in journals ranked as first decile in their fields in the previous 5 years (i.e. date of publication since 2018). Only published papers (or available online ahead of print in the journal) will be evaluated. The CV must include the complete list of authors, the journal´s IF and ranking in the year of publication for each publication published since 2018. This criterion will be valued according to the number of papers.
- C2. Fundraising (international): Projects obtained from international funding sources as Principal Investigator/Coordinator in the previous 5 years (i.e. active projects in 2018 onwards). The CV must include each project, indicating the role of the candidate in the grant, amount granted, period of funding, and funding agency. This criterion will be valued according to the relevance of the funding source (being European Commission-funded projects considered the highest), the amount granted, and the number of projects.
- C3. International recognition: Participation in international committees/boards, grant evaluation panels, editorial boards, and invited seminars/conferences in international centers/meetings in the previous 5 years. This criterion will be valued according to the relevance of the boards, role played in these, and number of activities.
- C4. Cardiovascular focus: Nature of the papers published as corresponding author (or co-corresponding author) and of the projects as principal investigator in the previous 5 years in the field of clonal hematopoiesis and cardiovascular disease. This criterion will be evaluated as the weight of clonal hematopoiesis and cardiovascular disease research in the overall scientific production and fundraising of the candidate.
- A research position in a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to state-of-the art infrastructures and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Immediate incorporation adaptable to the candidate circumstances
- 5-years temporary position as “Contrato de investigador/a distinguido/a”. Distinguished investigator contract regulated by the article 23 of the Spanish Law, on Science, Technology and Innovation (texto refundido Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación.
The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score is higher than 80 points (see below Evaluation Criteria C1-C4).
The evaluation commission will be composed by 3 members of CNIC’s Scientific Advisory Board, and 2 members of CNIC’s scientific direction.
"In the event of absence of any of the evaluators an alternate evaluator will be appointed"
The CNIC guarantees, within its field of action, the principle of equal access to employment, and may not establish any direct or indirect discrimination, based on grounds of origin, including racial or ethnic origin, sex, age, marital status, religion or beliefs, political opinion, sexual orientation and identity, gender expression, sexual characteristics, trade union membership, social status, language within the State and disability, provided that workers are fit to perform the work or job in question.
By participating in the selection process, the participant agrees that their data appear in the public resolutions of the selection process. Such resolutions (provisional list of admitted and excluded, definitive list of admitted and excluded and resolution of the process) are published on the CNIC website.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"