BIO-IMAGE Processing Specialist
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
A Technician position is available to work in the image analysis group based at the Cellomics Unit.
The image analysis group focuses on the development and validation of novel analysis methods for images ranging from molecular/cellular to tissue/organ resolution for a broad range of biological imaging applications. Modelling and simulations of processes within cells and organs for understanding biological processes is a particular area of applications that needs to be expanded within this group. Specific topics include 2D and 3D image analysis and segmentation, machine learning, 3D/4D modelling, reconstruction and tracking, and the design of decision support systems for High Content Screening Key to the success of the unit is close cooperation with biological partners.
The job responsibilities include:
- Development of new algorithms for supervised/unsupervised image analysis, with an eye on applications such as advanced 2D/3D/4D modelling and tracking, and High Content Screening
- Development of data analysis, mining and visualization tools, for complex biological problems, making it possible to draw biological/clinical conclusions from segmentated images.
We are looking for a BIO-IMAGE Processing with a background on the relevant technical areas and with strong motivation for research and development of work.
- PhD degree in computer science, engineering, image processing, computational biology or bioinformatics.
- Fluency in English (Up-intermediate level or higher). Attach the supporting document in the “Documents” section in the application.
- At least 5 years experience in similar jobs in research centers.
- Knowledge of image segmentation software Columbus
- Knowledge of image segmentation software Definiens
- Knowledge of ImageJ/FIJI software.
- Publication record on the relevant technical areas.
- Knowledge of deep learning strategies/algorithms; convolutional neural networks (CNNs) and region-based CNNs.
- Background in biology and biomedical imaging
- Incorporation into a growing Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- Recruitment planned for December 2018.
- Indefinite contract.
Selection plan: Only those candidates who exceed the score of 70 points in the sum of the valuable requirements (C1 – C6) will be interviewed nd the candidate with the highest final score will be hired (if greater than 85 points).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
The coverage of the position through an indefinite contract is subject to the mandatory authorization of the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas. To temporarily cover the job during the selection process for final coverage, an interim contract will be concluded with a maximum duration of 3 months in accordance with the provisions of art. 4 of Royal Decree 2720/1998, of December 18, by which article 15 of the Statute of Workers is developed in the matter of fixed-term contracts.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"