The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
The Genomics Unit is searching for a highly motivated bioinformatician to work in the integration of omics data generated in the context of CNIC precision medicine projects. The ideal candidate would work together with the other bioinformaticians in the center in the development of databases and the implementation of front-end web solutions to mine the stored data.
Candidates should possess:
- BSc in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or a related field.
- Experience in database development and/or implementation of front-end web applications
- Strong programming skills:
- Database: Oracle, Postgre
- Environment/OS: Linux
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with security issues regarding the storage of human data will be valued
The CNIC offers:
- Incorporation into a newly created and growing Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Development and implementation of a database to store human omics data
- Development and implementation of a web-based application to mine the database
Starting Date: March 1st 2016
More information about one of the possible calls can be found in the following link: https://www.cnic.es/en/convocatoria/cnic-ipp
Qualified applicants should submit a single PDF file including a letter outlining research interests, the CV, and the contact information of two referees.
Deadline: March 1st, 2016
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures absolute confidentiality in the selection process and the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"