Bioinformatician - Bioinformatics Unit
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
We are searching for a highly motivated Bioinformatician with experience in NGS data analysis to work in the implementation of automated pipelines for the analysis of genomics/transcriptomics/epigenomics data generated in the context of CNIC precision medicine projects. The ideal candidate would work together with the other bioinformaticians in the center in the implementation, optimization and automatization of state of the art analysis pipelines.
- MsC or equivalent in Bioinformatics
- At least 3 years of experience working in Bioinformatics
- Experience (>3Y) working in a Linux environment
- Experience (>3Y) with omics data analysis
- Experience (>1Y or at least 1 project) setting up pipelines for production
- Experience (>1Y or at least 1 project) in HPC and grid scheduler
- Experience (>1Y or at least 1 project) working with big data and noSQL databases
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Implementation, optimization and automatization of pipelines for NGS data analysis in the context of big data precision medicine projects
- Integration of the pipelines with LIMS and downstream analysis platforms
The CNIC offers:
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
- Immediate incorporation.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"