Bioinformatician for the CNIC Genomics Unit
The CNIC Genomics Unit (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/genomics), led by Dr. Ana Dopazo, is looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatician/Computational Biologist to perform Next Generation Sequencing data analysis and QC sequencing metrics from different types of samples and different methods of making NGS libraries. The applicant will work in close collaboration with other bioinformaticians in the center.
- MsC or equivalent in Bioinformatics or any other related field (life sciences, physics, mathematics, engineering)
- Experience (>1Y or at least 1 project) working in a Linux environment
- Experience (>1Y or at least 1 project) with at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, PERL, R or equivalent
- Experience (>1 Y or at least 1 project) in NGS data analysis
- Interview: Ability to work independently and as a part of a team; Knowledge of English
The candidate should provide two reference contacts or two letters of recommendation.
SELECTION PLAN: The 5-10 candidates with the highest score (if greater than 70 points) will be interviewed and the candidate with the highest score will be hired (if greater than 85 points)
-Performing QC sequencing metrics from different types of samples and different methods of making NGS libraries (RNA seq, low input RNA seq, Single Cell-RNA seq, Small RNA seq, Exome seq, ChIP seq, ATAC seq, HiC, PCR seq, etc) both in a routine and in an experimental manner.
-Analyzing NGS data, mainly RNA-derived NGS data (RNA seq and small RNA seq)
The Genomics Unit of the CNIC specializes in the use of next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies for genome analysis by means of Illumina sequencers. NGS technologies and associated methodologies keep rapidly evolving. To achieve high quality results, especially from limiting amounts of plasma, chromatin immune precipitates, and single cells, it is crucial to keep optimizing the efficiency in making sequencing libraries.
The CNIC offers:
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
- Immediate incorporation.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"