Bioinformatics - Research position in Bioinformatics
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
Research position in Bioinformatics available at Spanish National Cardiovascular Research Center (CNIC), Madrid (Spain).
- Bachelor, Masters or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, or related disciplines.
- Previous experience (>5Y) working in bioinformatics
- Previous experience (>5Y) working in Linux environment
- Programming languages (such as C, C++, Java, Perl, R or Python) and statistical packages
- Interview (only those candidates who get at least 60 points as a result of the sum of the categories C1 and C2)
- Highly motivated, self-starter, demonstrated ability to learn, not afraid to take on new tasks, develop and apply new approaches and techniques
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively to deliver on-time and high quality results
- Well organized, demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to develop a positive working relationship with a wide range of colleagues inside and outside of the CNIC
- Perform bioinformatics analysis of high-throughput metabolomics, lipidomics and/or proteomics studies with special emphasis on data obtained by advanced mass spectrometry techniques
- Apply, implement, optimize and develop state-of-the-art bioinformatics, computational and statistical methods for the analysis of large numbers of samples
- Work as a key member and contributor to a larger team
- Contribute to experimental research design and planning
- Manage projects efficiently to meet timelines
- Competitive salary according to qualification
The CNIC offers:
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
- Immediate incorporation.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"