Data Scientist/Bioinformatician - Bioinformatics Unit
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (CNIC) is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art imaging technologies, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure.
We are searching for a highly motivated Data Scientist/Bioinformatician to implement artificial intelligence approaches in a personalized medicine project (http://www.estudiopesa.org/en/). The study aims at the prediction of subclinical atherosclerosis in a cohort of 4000 healthy individuals based on omics, life-style, psychosocial and clinical variables. The successful candidate will be integrated in the Bioinformatics Unit and will work in close collaboration with the rest of CNIC technical units and groups involved in the project.
- MsC or equivalent in Bioinformatics or any other related discipline (mathematics, physics, engineering, life sciences)
- Experience (>1Y or at least 1 project) as data scientist/bioinformatician implementing artificial intelligence approaches
- Experience (>1Y or at least 1 project) analyzing omics or other biomedical data
- Experience (>1Y or at least 1 project) working with big data frameworks (ie, h2o/caffe, Neon)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Implementation of artificial intelligence approaches in personalized medicine projects
The CNIC offers:
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance, within the public sector and managed by a Foundation.
- Integration into a young team in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to a modern infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Facilities for specific training in novel aspects related with the offered job.
- Immediate incorporation.
Only will hire those candidates who get at least 70 points as a result of evaluation.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"