Doctorate Position for the Transgenesis Unit
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
- Handling of mouse colonies
- Preimplantation embryo culture and rederivation of mice (by embryo transfer)
- Computational analysis using bioinformatics DB and genomic tools for CrispR-Cas9 designs
- Experience working with CRISPR-Cas9 system for generation of genetically modified mice
- Experience in basic and advanced techniques of molecular biology and biochemistry
- Production of genetically modified mice (by zygote microinjection/electroporation)
- Production of chimeric mice (aggregation/microinjection of ES-cells)
- In vitro fertilization procedures
- Cryopreservation of mouse lines (embryo and sperm)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) in the mouse
- Obtaining (IVF) and handling of embryos in farm species (pig or bovine).
- Production of genetically modified farm animals (by zygote microinjection).
- Ph.D. in biological or medical sciences.
- Authorization for performing experiments with laboratory animals. Candidates should hold an official title (i.e. titles regulated by ECC/566/2015 which include functions b and c, prior “category B”, titles granting equivalent permissions, or titles granted abroad that confer equivalent permissions for working with experimental animals or their equivalents under Royal Decree 1201/2005, contained in the ECC/566/2015's first transitional provision.)
- Not having exhausted more than five years of the maximum time established for access to contracts of the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia.
- Working experience (at least 2 years) in research laboratories or facilities involving transgenesis or animal reproduction. Please specify those transgenesis-related techniques that were used. (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Working experience in research laboratories executing molecular biology and genomics analysis. Please specify those molecular biology-related techniques that were used. (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Additional training for mouse colony management. (it will be valued according to the number of training courses and/or working experience valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience working in scientific institutions abroad (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Publications in scientific journals (it will be valued according to the quantity and quality of publications).
- Computer skills: Experience working with Office, software packages for sequence alignment, PCR design, and CRISPR guides design (it will be valued according to the number of years of experience and/or training courses).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- 1 year full-time contract renewable up to 5 years under “Ley de la Ciencia” contracts for doctors rules as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria (C1 - C6) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C7) is higher than 75 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"