The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P) – CNIC, is considering applications for a Post-doctoral position for the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory directed by Professor Silvia G Priori. The laboratory focuses on research of disease mechanisms and novel therapies for inherited arrhythmias like Long QT Syndrome, catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT) and Brugada Syndrome. The models that are used span from induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC)-derived cardiac myocytes to isolated cardiac myocytes isolated from animal models, to genetically modified mice and swine models of diseases.
We are searching for a highly motivated young scientist with the interest to engage in challenging research that aims to provide novel understanding of arrhythmic mechanisms and develop and test novel cures for patients. The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of protocols for the functional characterization of cell membrane electrophysiology (action potentials, membrane currents) and arrhythmogenic mechanisms (early and delayed after-depolarizations) in individual cardiomyocytes isolated from animal models of inherited arrhythmias or differentiated from induced-pluripotent stem cells. Engagement in the in vivo experiments including phenotypical characterization of animal’s models with echocardiography, electrocardiography and mapping of the heart electrical activity in vivo will be part of the tasks of the selected candidate. Experience in molecular biology techniques, especially site-directed mutagenesis, western blot, RNA-interference will be valued.
The CNIC is a public research institute dedicated to excellence in cardiovascular research and to translating new knowledge into real improvements in clinical practice. This modern building is equipped with the latest scientific equipment, including state-of-the-art integrated set up for simultaneous patch clamp and confocal-based calcium imaging, and a comprehensive research-support infrastructure. The Foundation has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories.
For detailed information of the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory please visit:
- PhD in Life Science areas.
- PhD degree obtained in 2016-2018.
- Not having exhausted more than two years of the maximum time established for access contracts to the Spanish system of science, technology and innovation in accordance with article 22 of the "Ley de la Ciencia".
- Knowledge and research experience using whole-cell electrophysiology techniques (voltage-clamp, current-clamp) applied to isolated cardiac myocytes.
- Experience and independence in the use of molecular biology techniques including site-directed mutagenesis.
- Experience in fluorescence and confocal microscopy use
- Joining a research center with international relevance. Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and electrophysiological study of cardiovascular models.
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- The initial contract duration is 3 years.
Selection Plan: We will interview at least the 3 candidates with the highest score, if 3 or more candidates will score more than 55 points (Criteria C1 – C3). The candidate that will be hired will be the one with the highest score selected among all the candidates with a global score (C1-C4) of 70 or more points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"
Solicitud de inscripción
Para inscribirse por primera vez en una convocatoria, es necesario crear una cuenta de usuario, indicando un email y una contraseña.
En caso de disponer ya de cuenta, simplemente debe iniciar sesión: