Genomics Unit Technician/Scientist (Técnico Titulado Superior)
The CNIC (Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares) is a research institute in Madrid with a modern infrastructure and ample funding to carry out world-leading biomedical research (http://www.cnic.es).The Center is equipped with state of the art equipment and infrastructures needed for cardiovascular research and offers various services including cellomics, proteomics, genomics, bioinformatics, microscopy, histopathology, and SPF animal facility.
The Genomics Unit (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/genomics) is looking for a highly motivated, independent but team-oriented scientist to work on DNA studies using Next Generation Sequencing technology. The ideal candidate would implement protocols for high-throughput data generation related to genomics and epigenomics in the context of the CNIC-Santander PESA study (Progression of Early Subclinical Atherosclerosis study). The candidate would work in collaboration with other members of the Genomics Unit. More information at:
- PhD in Biology, or another Life Sciences related field.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in wet lab Genomics/Epigenomics.
- Experience (at least in one project) with high-throughput genomic data handling.
- Experience with automated platforms for liquid handling will be a plus.
- Integration in an international center of Excellence leader in the field of cardiovascular research.
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience and qualification.
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructures.
- Contract until April 6th, 2019, when the CNIC-Santander PESA study ends.
- Immediate incorporation.
Selection plan: a minimum of 6 candidates with the maximum score (if greater than 65 points) as a result of the sum of the evaluable criteria (C1-C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score (if greater than 80 points) will be hired.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"