Genomics/NGS Graduate Technician for the CNIC Genomics Unit (Técnico titulado superior II)
The CNIC Genomics Unit (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/genomics), led by Dr. Ana Dopazo, is looking for a highly motivated technician with both dry- and wet-lab expertise in Next Generation Sequencing technology. The applicant will work in close collaboration with other NGS experts in the center.
- MSc or equivalent in Genomics or related fields (life sciences, bioinformatics)
- Engineering in Computer Science or related field (physics, mathematics)
- Previous experience in biomedical research centers executing similar tasks (> 1.5 Y).
Please, attach a copy of both qualifications in the Files section when applying to this offer.
- Experience (>3Y) in NGS data analysis and in performing and preparing NGS wet-lab protocols.
- Experience (>2Y) working directly with high throughput sequencers.
- Experience (>2Y) working in a Linux environment and performing data analysis with at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, PERL, R.
- Experience (>2Y) in managing big data files.
The candidate should provide two reference contacts or two letters of recommendation.
- Manage the Unit sequencing output from raw to demultiplexed and assure that a secure backup is created.
- Perform QC sequencing metrics from the different types of samples generated by the Genomics Unit before its delivery.
- Assist researchers in designing their experimental procedures and making budgets for the Genomics Unit users.
- Active participation in the implementation of new and improved genome analysis applications both by developing new and better wet-lab protocols and by analyzing the resulting QC sequencing metrics and initial data generated.
- Integration in an international center of Excellence, leader in the field of cardiovascular research.
- Competitive salary in accordance to candidate´s experience and qualification.
- Extensive training possibilities in complementary skills
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructures.
- Indefinite contract according to Real Decreto-ley 3/2019, de 8 de febrero (The coverage of the position through a permanent contract is subject to the mandatory authorization of the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas)
- Immediate incorporation.
SELECTION PLAN: At least 3 candidates with the highest score, if greater than 70 points as a result of the sum of evaluable criteria (C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired if greater than 85 points (C1-C6).
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promotes non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"