Graduate Technician for the Bioinformatics Unit (Técnico Titulado Superior)
The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (F.S.P.) CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
One Graduate Technician position is available at the CNIC Bioinformatics Unit, led by Dr. Fátima Sánchez-Cabo. We are seeking for a highly motivated scientist to develop new methodologies and to assist CNIC scientists with the analysis of transcriptomics data in the context of cardiovascular research projects.
- Development of novel methods and tools for the integration of the transcriptomics data with gene expression regulation data generated by the researchers at CNIC.
- Analysis of NGS and other type of high-throughput molecular data generated by the researchers at CNIC
- Active contribution to the improvement of bioinformatics skills of CNIC researchers through one to one consultancy and organization of bioinformatics courses.
- Master´s degree in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or a related field.
- Proven working experience (>5 years) in a Bioinformatics Core facility working in the analysis of Transcriptomics and other Next Gen Sequencing data (ATAC-Seq, Chip-Seq) applied to cardiovascular research (it will be evaluated according to the experience (number of years or fraction)).
- Publication record. Co-author of at least 10 publications in peer-reviewed journals as bioinformatics contributor.
- Strong programming skills: ▪ Languages: Perl, Python, R, Bash; ▪ Environment/OS: Linux, Unix (Shell Script), Windows (it will be valued according to the experience (number of years or fraction) or according to training courses).
- PhD in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience working in a scientific institution abroad (at least 1 year) (it will be evaluated according to the experience (number of years or fraction)).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Fixed salary: 37.981,30 € annual + variable 1.896,68.
- Permanent contract authorized by the Ministry of Finance and Public Administrations under DA 30 of Law 6/2018.
The post may be temporarily filled during the selection process with an interim contract with a maximum duration of 3 months in accordance with Article 4 of Royal Decree 2720/1998 of 18 December implementing Article 15 of the Workers' Statute on fixed-term contracts.
- Starting date: end 2020.
Selection plan: At least the 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 75 points as a sum of criteria C1 - C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 - C6) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"