Graduate Technician for the Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time Graduate Technician position for the Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit (PCTUnit) directed by Dr. Giovanna Giovinazzo. The position is for a highly motivated graduate technician, effective communicator and team player. Capable to undertake different tasks in laboratory management and to produce high quality results under pressure deadline.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote non discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
- Providing support to the PCTUnit in laboratory management and state-of-the-art technology with the culture and manipulation of mouse and human pluripotent stem cells.
- Bachelor´s degree in the Life Sciences area, obtained in the last 5 years. If the candidate proves a disability, the title must have been obtained in the last 7 years.
- Not holding an internship contract in Spain based on the same academic degree in other companies.
- Experience and knowledge in cell culture of mouse primary cells: MEFs derivation, mouse embryonic stem cells (mESC) expansion and freezing, electroporation, positive clones’ selection. Karyotyping and mESC differentiation to cardiac lineage (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and the training received).
- Experience and knowledge in cell culture of human primary cells: Culture and pluripotency maintenance of hiPSC and banking. Somatic cell reprogramming, hiPSC characterization and differentiation (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and the training received).
- Experience and knowledge in molecular and cell biology: molecular cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, screening by PCR, immunocytochemistry and microscopy handling (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and the training received).
- Experience and knowledge in gene editing tools mediated by the CRISPR/Cas9 system and its use in generating biological models in vitro (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and the training received).
- Experience and knowledge in establishing and optimizing standard operating procedures (SOP) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and the training received).
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models.
- Contract adjusted to labor legislation (“Contrato en prácticas de 1 año prorrogable hasta 2 años”), as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law.
At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 60 points as a sum of criteria (C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C6) is higher than 75 points.”
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"