Graduate Technician for the Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit (Técnico Titulado Superior)
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time Graduate Technician position for the Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit directed by Dr. Giovanna Giovinazzo. The main focus of Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit (PCTUnit) is to provide to the CNIC researchers knowledge, training service and state-of-the-art technology with the culture and manipulation of mouse and human pluripotent stem cells.
The position is for a highly motivated graduate technician, effective communicator and team player. Capable to undertake different tasks in laboratory management and to produce high quality results under pressure deadline
For additional information about Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit please visit: https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/pluripotent-cell-technology.
- Bachelor degree in Life Science area.
- At least 15 years working experience in research centers.
- Candidate must hold the license for performing experiments with lab animals. Candidates should hold an official title (i.e. titles regulated by ECC/566/2015 which include at least functions b and c, prior “category B” titles granting equivalent permissions or titles granted abroad that confer equivalent permissions).
- Gene targeting and comprehensive handling of CRISPR/Cas9 system in mouse and human pluripotent cells (hiPSC), (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in Cell culture of primary cells, mouse embryonic stem cells (mESC), and hiPSC. Karyotyping and differentiation to cardiac lineage, (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in molecular biology: molecular Cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, screening by southern blot, PCR, qRT-PCR and extensive experience in sequence analysis and related software, probe design and screening strategy analysis to detect positive clones, (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in establishing and optimizing standard operating procedures (SOP), (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models.
- Fixed salary: 28.499,94€ annual, + 10% variable depending on objectives + the revaluation approved by the Spanish Government for 2019 on the remuneration of the personnel in the public service sector
- Permanent contract.
Selection plan: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 70 points as a sum of criteria (C1-C4) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C5) is higher than 85 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"