Graduate Technician for the Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit (Técnico Titulado Superior)
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time Graduate Technician position for the Pluripotent Cell Technology Unit directed by Dr. Giovanna Giovinazzo.
Functions: Providing support to the PCT Unit in laboratory management and state-of-the-art technology with the culture and manipulation of mouse and human pluripotent stem cells.
- Minimum Bachelor´s degree in the Life Sciences area, obtained in the last 5 years. If the candidate proves a disability, the title must have been obtained in the last 7 years.
- At least 2 years of working experience in biomedical research centers.
- Not holding an internship contract in Spain based on the same academic degree in other companies.
- Experience in cell culture of primary cells, mouse embryonic stem cells (mESC), and hiPSC. Somatic cell reprogramming, differentiation and characterization (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Experience in gene targeting and comprehensive handling of CRISPR/Cas9 system in mouse and human pluripotent cells (hiPSC) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction)
- Experience in molecular and cell biology: molecular coning, DNA/RNA extraction, screening by southern blot, PCR, qRT-PCR. immunocytochemistry and advanced microscopy techniques (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction)
- Experience in establishing and optimizing standard operating procedures (SOP) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Access to an infrastructure and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Contract adjusted to labor legislation, as long as the selected candidate complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the Spanish labor law”.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"