Graduate Technician for the Unit of Viral Vectors
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The CNIC is considering applications for a full time permanent contract for a Graduate Technician position under supervision of Dr. Juan Antonio Bernal Rodríguez (https://www.cnic.es/en/investigacion/viral-vectors) within the CNIC research infrastructure of the Viral Vectors Unit, to provide high level technical expertise and to translate knowledge of advances in this field into research success.
- PhD in Life Science area
- At least 5 years research experience in biomedical research centers
- Solid experience in the generation and titration of recombinant lentivirus, adenovirus and adeno-associated virus.
- Experience in the generation of DNA shuffling genomic libraries and cloning.
- Experience in advanced cellular and molecular techniques: cell culture, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA extraction and quantification, western blot, qPCR.
- Experience working in technical units including support services for the users.
- Experience in handling and manipulation of experimental animals, intraperitoneal, intravenous, tail and subcutaneous injection.
- Joining a research center with international relevance.
- Integration in a young and highly active team in an environment of scientific excellence
- Access to modern infrastructure with the latest technology for generation and study of cardiovascular murine models
- Competitive salary according to the candidate’s expertise and qualification.
- Permanent contract. (The coverage of the position through a permanent contract is subject to the mandatory authorization of the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas).
SELECTION PLAN: At least 3 candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 65 points as a sum of criteria C1-C5) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C6) is higher than 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promotes non-discrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"