Head of Technical Unit Expert in Cytometry
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is seeking an experienced scientist expert in cytometry to lead a Technical Unit, which provides basic and advanced flow cytometry services to CNIC researchers. The successful candidate will manage a team of flow cytometry technicians in charge of training and assisting CNIC researchers in sorting and analytical flow cytometry studies. He/She will be the ultimate responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the flow cytometers available within the unit (currently 2 BD FACSCanto II, 1 BD LSRFortessa, 1 Sony Biotech SP6800 Spectral Cell Analyzer, 1 BD FACSAria Cell Sorter and 1 Sony Biotech Synergy Cell Sorter).
- PhD in life sciences area.
- At least five years in a similar position with experience in sorting and analytical flow cytometry, data analysis, and related scientific applications.
- Previous experience in managing a flow cytometry facility, (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Previous hands-on experience with the cell sorters and analytical flow cytometers currently available within the CNIC Cellomics Unit, (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Publications related to the development of flow cytometry-related techniques, (it will be valued according to the number publications and position in the list of authors).
- Previous experience in training researchers in the conduct and analysis of flow cytometry experiments, (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Previous experience in the use of flow-cytometry related software (e.g. FACSDiva, FlowJo, FCS Express), (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Interview (in English).
- Incorporation into a growing Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into a young team, in an excellent scientific environment.
- Access to modern infrastructures and advanced technologies.
- Significant possibilities for personal development.
- Permanent contract.
For any inquiries please contact Eeva I. Soininen: (eisoininencnic.es)
Selection plan: At least the three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 55 points as a sum of criteria C1-C5, see below) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1 –C6) is higher than 75 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"