Head of Technical Unit Expert in Transgenesis
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
CNIC is seeking an experienced scientist expert in transgenesis to lead a Technical Unit, which its main objective is the production of genetically engineered mice by artificially introducing foreign DNA molecules into their genomes (the so-called transgenic mice) and supply them, as required, to the different CNIC scientific groups in accordance with their research need. The successful candidate will manage a team of transgenesis technicians in charge of training and assisting CNIC researchers in the development of animal models of human diseases allowing improved understanding of the diseases and, in several cases, to the development of new and more efficient therapies. He/She will be the ultimate responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the newest mouse transgenesis techniques as well as to develop new own technology in accordance with the CNIC research groups need.
- Production of genetically modified mice (by zygote microinjection/electroporation)
- Production of genetically modified mice (by nuclear or cytoplasmic microinjection into blastomere of E2C mouse embryo)
- Transgenesis using miRNA approaches (Knockdown with “sponges” of miRNA and transgenesis)
- Production of chimeric mice (aggregation/microinjection of ES-cells into E8C/Blastocyst mouse embryos)
- Preimplantation embryo culture and rederivation of mice by embryo transfer
- Microinjection of postimplantational mouse embryos
- Handling of mouse colonies
- In vitro fertilization procedures in mice and rats
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) in the mouse
- Cryopreservation of mouse embryos and sperm
- Cryopreservation of rat sperm
- Cryopreservation of sperm and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) in zebrafish
- Work with porcine sperm, oocytes and embryos
- Work with Lentivirus and Cre-recombinase for subzonal microinjection
- Work with CRISPR-Cas9 system for generation of genetically modified mice (KO/cKO/KI)
- Computational analysis using bioinformatics DB and genomic tools for comparative analysis.
- Ph.D. in life sciences or medical sciences.
- Authorization for performing experiments with laboratory animals. Candidates should hold an official title (i.e. titles regulated by ECC/566/2015 which include functions b and c, prior “category B”, titles granting equivalent permissions, or titles granted abroad that confer equivalent permissions for working with experimental animals or their equivalents under Royal Decree 1201/2005, contained in the ECC/566/2015's first transitional provision.)
- At least five years in a similar position with experience in micromanipulation/microinjection laboratory and laboratory for embryo transfers.
- Knowledge and/or experience in techniques of animal transgenesis or reproduction, including in vitro fertilization procedures in rodents and zebrafish, intracytoplasmic sperm injection in mice, cryopreservation of embryos and sperm, preimplantation embryo culture and rederivation of mice by embryo transfer, production of chimeric mice, production of genetically modified mice, microinjection of postimplantational mouse embryos, work with lentivirus and Cre-recombinase for subzonal microinjection, generation of genetically modified mice using CRISPR-Cas9 system, work with porcine sperm, oocytes and embryos (it will be valued according to the number of training courses and/or working experience valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Knowledge and/or experience in molecular biology and genomics analysis (it will be valued according to the number of training courses and/or working experience valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Knowledge and/or experience in mouse colony management (it will be valued according to the number of training courses and/or working experience valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Knowledge and/or experience in work with large animal models (eg, pig) (it will be valued according to the number of training courses and/or working experience valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Working experience in scientific institutions abroad (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Publications in scientific journals (it will be valued according to the quantity and quality of publications).
- Computer skills: Experience working with Office, software packages for sequence alignment, PCR design, and CRISPR guides design (it will be valued according to the number of years of experience and/or training courses).
- Incorporation into a consolidated Research Center of international scientific relevance.
- Integration into a dynamic team in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Opportunities for training and career development.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Temporary Contract for Doctors Art. 22 Ley 14/2011 de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promotes nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.
"En caso de ausencia de alguno de los evaluadores se nombrará un evaluador alternativo de la misma área"